Objectives of DWIR
- to improve the navigation channel and to stabilize the inland river ports.
- to protect the river banks erosion.
- to cooperate with other organizations in demarcation of danger water level of the towns.
- to utilize the river water for domestic and agriculture all the year round.
- to protect bank erosion of border rivers.
- to observe the long term existence of the cross river bridges by river engineering point of views.
- to manage the prevention of the river water pollution.
- to achieve adequate depth for maximum loading capacity of the vessels.